Being a member of a health co-operative is a great way to financially contribute to maintaining local community health services.
Our mission is to provide the perfect administrative infrastructures environment like: offices, equipements and professionnal administrative support. With these infrastructures in place, the COOP can concentrate its efforts to attract and assemble a group of diversified health care professionals including family doctors to insure close proximity services. However, please note that being a COOP member is not a guarante that you will have access to a family doctor.
Once a new doctor joins the COOP, he will take on new patients as their family practitioner, and in addition he will provide his services during open clinic hours for the community. The present context of the health care system is as follow :
- About 5% of all yearly graduated doctors will decide to invest in their own clinic
- 5 or 6 full time practitioners are needed to operate a clinic
- The new graduated doctors do not have full time practices, but share their services between hospitals and other medical services
At this time the COOP has 1 639 active members, and offers 5 doctors practicing in St-Adolphe-d'Howard and one practicing in Morin-Heights, 5 qualified nurses, and a blood work clinic. The COOP is working for you in building a team of health care providers to meet the needs of a growing community.
If you would like to have a family doctor at the COOP, we invite you to sign up either at :
- If you don't have a family doctor go to Quebec registry for access to a family doctor http://www.gamf.gouv.qc.ca/index_en.html
- The COOP's waiting list either by phone St-Adolphe 819-327- 3534 / Morin-Heights 450-644-0522 or e-mail at email@example.com
- Become a member today and participate in the sustainability of our great health community services the COOP. We invite you to join the COOP on our Website : http://www.coopsante.org